Home Sellers in These Iowa, Minnesota Cities Are ‘Sitting Pretty’
There has been no shortage of depressing economic news for a number of us over the past few years, but some home sellers are on the right side of things economically in a big way - including one Iowa and one Minnesota city.
USA Today, using data from Realtor.com, has put together a list of the Ten Housing Markets Where Home Sellers are Sitting Pretty.
The Hawkeye State is home to the best market to be selling right now.
The Eastern Iowa city of Davenport has seen a one-year jump of nearly 40 percent (38.4%) in the price per square foot of local homes.
As of last month, the median list price in Davenport was $208,700, which is about half of the national average and the second-lowest among the top ten best markets.
Up in Minnesota, Minneapolis is the sixth hottest market for home sellers.
The median list home price in the North Star State's largest city is now $434,950, which is an increase of 17.1 percent per square foot from February of last year.
CITIES WHERE HOME SELLERS ARE SITTING PRETTY (Median price/Increase in price per square foot)
- Davenport, Iowa ($208,700/+38.4%)
- Montgomery, Alabama ($301,165/+26.5%)
- Wichita, Kansas ($319,995/+19.8%)
- Tulsa, Oklahoma ($354,262/+18.5%)
- Youngstown, Ohio ($151,575/+18.1%)
- Minneapolis, Minnesota ($434,950/+17.1%)
- McAllen, Texas ($283,000/+16.4%)
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania ($322,400/+16.1%)
- Little Rock, Arkansas ($304,245/+15.9%)
- Knoxville, Tennessee ($457,116/+13.0%)
It is taking longer to sell a house these days.
On average, homes spent nearly ten weeks on the market this February, compared to just six-and-a-half weeks in February 2022.