Foods People in South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota Like To Be a Little Burnt
There are many ways to cook something. Some people like their pasta cooked al dente while others like it boiled into mush.
After reading through a Reddit thread about foods that taste better a little burnt, we heard from lots of people who had all sorts of preferences for slight amounts of char, and some who like things to be like charcoal.
Here are what people in South Dakota, Iowa, and Minnesota told us were the foods they like to be a little burnt.
- Campfire hot dogs
- BBQ chicken, charred
- I like marshmallows on s'mores a little burnt
- I like marshmallows on FIRE, all the way burnt no exceptions.
- Popcorn, but only a little
- Kettle corn slightly burnt with sat added
- Gotta turn the oven on broil at the end of lasagna and make that top cheese nice and crunchy. Almost burnt.
- Fried onions on a steak. I want those onions nice and black
- Asparagus in the oven get it real kind of nearly burned it's crispy and so good
- Hashbrowns or home fries. So much better a little burnt and crispy than just cooked
- Steak burnt on the outside, rare on the inside. Gotta get that sear
- Tortilla's for burritos is good a little burnt. Like when you make them at home you can put them on the burner just to get that little burnt spot on it. Lol
- I love Brussel sprouts slightly charred.
One thing I love slightly golden burnt is an omelet, or even scrambled eggs. I don't know if it's that I prefer the golden burning, or if I just like knowing that the eggs are cooked all the way through.