Which Are South Dakota’s Top Five Most Googled Injuries?
There have always been a seemingly endless number of ways to hurt ourselves in the world we live in.
The difference now is we don't have to wait until we can see the doctor to learn more about what ails us.
That's both the good news and the bad news.
So which injuries are getting the most traction online in South Dakota?
To find out, Chicago-based personal injury law firm, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers looked at Google data to discover the personal injuries and ailments that residents of each state are searching for the most, using a list of 102 injuries across the country.
TOP FIVE MOST GOOGLED INJURIES IN SOUTH DAKOTA (Average searches per month)
- Bursitis (564 searches) - Symptoms include joint pain and swelling and can also be associated with jobs that require repetitive movements or prolonged pressure on joints.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (461 searches) - Pressure on a nerve on the wrist that causes pain and numbness in the hand and fingers.
- Shin splits (428 searches) - Tenderness or pain along the inner side of your shinbone and mild swelling in your lower leg and it is usually caused by exercise.
- Muscle strains (318 searches) - Acute strains can be caused by a singular event, such as using incorrect or poor body posture to lift something heavy and chronic muscle strains can result from when you stress a muscle repeating the same motion.
- Degloving (313 searches) - A traumatic injury that happens when the top layers of your skin and tissue rips from the underlying muscle, connective tissue, or bone. The main causes for degloving are by accidents involving industrial or farm equipment, vehicle accidents and sports mishaps.