South Dakotans Can Now Use IRS ‘Get My Stimulus Payment’ Tool
When I first heard a sentence with the phrase "third stimulus payment" in it, I thought to myself, "Third? Really? What the heck did I do with the first two. And, when am I getting the third one?
I know I paid some bills, bought a pair of shoes, went to Montana for Christmas- -oh there it is. That Christmastime trip was spendy. But I can't imagine not being with my family at Christmas.
But that only explains the second check of $600. Where did the first one go? Oh well, on to the next question- - "When am I getting the next one?"
Actually, the answer to that question has been made much easier by the IRS. Yup the IRS. They have a specific website page that can help you pinpoint when you should be getting that next payment.
It also can answer numerous questions that might be on your mind, like:
- Do I pay taxes on these stimulus payments?
- I expected a direct deposit of my check, why is it being mailed to me?
- Why am I getting the message, "Payment Status Not Available"?
- My address has changed, what do I do?
- My bank account information has changed or was incorrect, can I update it with the Get My Payment tool?
These and many more questions can be answered on the Get My Payment page on the IRS website.
One of The Most Expensive Sioux Falls Home on the Market