Look inside South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota’s Most Expensive Houses
There was a time when a $1 million home was something you only found in the most exclusive neighborhoods in America.
Now they are more and more a part of a number of communities, including several in the Tri-State Area.
How common are million-dollar houses in this area? The numbers might surprise you.
A quick check of the latest Realtor.com listings shows more than 2,000 homes in South Dakota (302 houses), Iowa (570 houses), and Minnesota (1,342 houses) selling for a minimum of $1,000,000.
But things escalate quickly from there.
Point2 has analyzed the most expensive homes currently on the market in every U.S. state and they found that the spendiest properties in South Dakota, Iowa, and Minnesota are 'bargains' compared to the top properties in the rest of the country.
Minnesota's most expensive house is 9,016 square feet of waterfront living in Wayzata Bay on Lake Minnetonka.
It has five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a private peninsula, spa, theatre, golf simulator, eight-car garage, and a boat house.
Asking price? $14,750,000.
And while that is an astronomical number, it ranks Minnesota 39th on the list of the most expensive homes in each of the 50 states.
Iowa and South Dakota's most expensive homes fall in the bottom ten of all 50 states.
In Iowa, the priciest property can be found on the shores of West Okoboji Lake.
It takes up 24,876 square feet and has eight bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, a movie theatre, Irish pub, art studio, golf course, and boat dock.
South Dakota top end house doesn't come with a lake but it does have land.
Lots and lots of land.
Sitting on 485 acres in the Black Hills town of Hermosa, this 5,325 square foot house has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen, 2,198 square foot garage, barn, and guest house.
The asking price is $6,900,000, although you might have missed your chance on this one as the website says it's off the market.
MOST EXPENSIVE HOMES (By State)
- 10644 Bellagio Road, Los Angeles California: $250,000,000
- 10 Tarpon Isle, Palm Beach Florida: $218,000,000
- 217 West 57th Street, New York City New York: $195,000,000
- 41 Popcorn Lane, 100 & 102 Difficult Lane, Aspen Colorado: $105,000,000
- 1041 Lakeshore Boulevard, Incline Village Nevada: $76,000,000
- Halftide Farms, Friday Harbor Washington: $75,000,000
- 5845 Old Highway 96, Franklin Tennessee: $65,000,000
- 107 Timberwilde Lane, Houston Texas: $65,000,000
- 27280 NE Old Wolf Creek Road, Prineville Oregon: $59,900,000
- 9750 East Gros Ventre Road, Jackson Wyoming: $58,000,000
LOOK: Best counties to raise a family in Iowa
Gallery Credit: Stacker
LOOK: Best counties to raise a family in South Dakota
Gallery Credit: Stacker