7 Things to LOVE About Ice Fish Fest at Catfish Bay
Ice Fish Fest 2021 is ready to roll on Saturday, January 30, at Catfish Bay. Grab a minnow or your favorite jigging lure and try to win the $5,000 grand prize!
There is a lot to love about this event. Here are 7:
- It's a privately owned lake so no fishing license is needed.
- 20 acres of beautiful ice
- Over 1,000 fish caught last year
- A $5,000 grand prize for the biggest fish
- Overall, $20,000 in prizes available
- It's stocked with Perch, Bluegill, Largemouth Bass, and Walleye!
- The holes are pre-drilled so no need to lug your auger with you
The event registration begins at 10:30 am when the gates open. Find your fishing hole and drop a line. The fishing tournament is from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM with awards handed out beginning at 4:15 PM.
You must buy your minnows at Catfish Bay so don't bring your own. This is to prevent any invasive species from making their home in the lake.
Pro Tip: The northeast corner has produced more award-winning fish than any other part of the lake.
Last year Wyatt Reitmeier pulled in a 3.26 lb. walleye to take the top prize.
Rule and registration right here, friends.
Here's the GPS location: 5500 Show Place, Sioux Falls SD 57104
The 100 Best Places to Live in the Midwest