10 Really Strange Things That Are Still Illegal in South Dakota
Even though these laws are rarely ever enforced nowadays, they still are on the books in South Dakota. Here are the Ten Commandments of South Dakota Law:
1. Thou shalt not lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory. Something bizarre must've happened a long time ago in Dimmock.
2. Every hotel must have twin beds two feet apart and thou shalt not make love between the beds. This is probably how the Bible ended up in the nightstands.
3. Thou shalt not disturb a mink den.
4. Thou shalt not use a spotlight while hunting - unless you're hunting raccoons and keeping track of your dog.
5. Thou shalt not try to convince a pacifist to renounce his beliefs by threatening to arm-wrestle him.
6. In Huron, thou shalt not create static! Prisoner 1: "What are you in for, Mack?" Prisoner 2: "Rubbing two balloons together in the Hangar Restaurant."
7. Thou shalt never use a throwing star in Sisseton. Take your Ninja skills elsewhere.
8. No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants. Oh, there's got to be an interesting backstory here.
9. Thou shalt not view a movie that shows police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner.
10. Farmers in South Dakota are allowed to set off fireworks or explosives to protect their sunflower crops… so long as they are six hundred sixty feet away from the nearest church, home, or schoolhouse.