The Banquet’s Annual ‘Supply Our Students’ Project Is Looking for Backpacks
For almost 30 years The Banquet in Sioux Falls has been distributing school supplies to families in the surrounding area with their Supply Our Students backpack program.
Thousands of backpacks filled with the things kids need for school will be handed out in the month of August.
The deadline to make a donation is Friday, August 11th.
The Banquet will begin distributing the backpacks on Saturday, August 19th. And volunteers are needed that day for the three shifts.
Here are some of the items needed to fill a backpack:
- Backpacks (Middle School and High School backpacks are most needed)
- Ring Binders (1”)
- Zipper Binder for Middle School
- Spiral Notebooks (1 subject, wide-ruled & college-ruled in solid colors)
- Loose Leaf Filler Paper (wide-ruled & college-ruled)
- Folders (2-pocket, no clasp, in red, yellow, green, blue, & purple ONLY)
- Subject Dividers
- Crayons (24 count)
- Crayola Classic Wide-Tip Markers
- Colored Pencils (12 & 24 count)
- No. 2 Pencils (plain)
- Scissors—Fiskar Brand, Pointed 5” & 7”
- Blue/Black Pens
- Red Pens
- Erasers—Magic Rub or Equal
- Pencil Pouches