Supposedly It Matters What Color Underwear You Wear New Year’s Eve
Your future happiness and love life may very well depend on your undies.
Latino superstition has it that wearing a pair of red underwear on New Year's Eve will guarantee you a year filled with passion and love.
If you're wearing a pair of yellow underwear when the ball drops, there will be money and happiness in your future.
And if you're really daring - be bold and wear a pair that incorporates both colors!
Other traditions and rituals to usher in the new year:
- Clean your house for a fresh start
- Write a wish list for the new year (helps you set goals)
- Eat 12 grapes while making 12 wishes (one grape for each month)
- Run around the block with luggage (if you're hoping to do some traveling)
- Have money in hand when the clock strikes 12 (if you hope to make more money)
- Sweep out the negative energy
- Eat a spoonful of lentils (nothing fills the stomach, and the wallet, like lentils)
- Light a candle (sets the mood for the new year)
- Throw a bucket of water out the window (signifying the tears you'd like to get rid of)
- Turn on all the lights in the house (for a bright future)
- Wear white for peace and health
- Start off the new year by literally leading with your right foot (start off on the right foot)
- Sit and stand three times (if you're looking to get married)
(Source: Huffington Post)