Outdoor Ice Rinks Open for the Holiday Break.
Time to practice your triple axel. The Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation's six outdoor ice rinks and two hockey rinks are now open for holiday break.
Here's a list of ice rinks:
- Campus Park: 26th Street and Summit Avenue
- Frank Olson Park: 16th Street and Grandview Avenue
- McKennan Park: 21st Street and Third Avenue
- Memorial Park: 26th Street and Sertoma Avenue
- Sherman Park: 15th Street and Kiwanis Avenue
- Tuthill Park: South Cliff Avenue, southeast of I-229
Each ice rink has a warming house, concessions, and skate rentals available.
- Memorial Park: West 26th Street and South Sertoma Avenue
- Sherman Park: West 15th Street and South Kiwanis Avenue
Weather permitting, hours are 1:00-9:00 PM December 23, 2016, 1:00-4:00 PM December 24, 2016, closed on Christmas Day, 1:00-9:00 PM December 26, 2016 through January 1, 2017 and 1:00-8:00 PM January 2, 2016.
For more info on the ice rinks, click here.