Good Day, and Welcome To…
According to the Big Book of Stuff, January 3, 2017 has been designated...
- Festival of Sleep Day - an opportunity to sleep in, snooze, doze, nap, and catch 40 winks. With the holidays over it's time to hibernate and re-charge the batteries as a new year of school and work begins.
- Humiliation Day - not a day to humiliate someone, but rather it should be viewed as a time to recognize the negativity of humiliating someone. Today is a day to be humble.
- Write To Congress Day - it's estimated that Congress receives 86.9 million pieces of mail annually. In recognition of today constituents are encouraged to continue to share their ideas and concerns with their representatives.
- Remember You Die Day - this is not meant to bring you down, it's to make us all more aware that we all have a time limit; an expiration date. So do something (even if it's for just five minutes) that you absolutely enjoy and savor it.
- Straw Day - the first modern drinking straw was invented on January 3, 1888.
- Women Rock Day - a day to recognize all the female rockers who've supplied us with great music over the years.
- Chocolate Cover Cherry Day - known to many as a “mid winter pick-me-up”, enjoy the day by sharing some chocolate covered cherries with your friends.
- Fruit Cake Toss Day - the holidays can be a stressful time and can make even the calmest person want to toss something in anger. Well, fear not, January 3 is Fruitcake Toss Day. Important Note: If you don't toss the fruitcake today, you must keep it until next Christmas.
Source: Chad McKenzie Files