Child Care Survey – Who Takes Care of the Kids?
Who takes care of the kids? According to a just-released survey, that's not an easy question for parents of little ones to answer.
When it comes to child care most parents say they're worried.
A new survey of parents of kids under the age of five shows 62% say it's hard to find safe, healthy child care for their kids.
The most important factors when it comes to choosing a daycare:
- Up to date staff background checks
- If the doors are locked
- If the staff has early childhood training
- If the outdoor play area is safe and if there are active playtimes
- If it's at an affordable cost
The deal-breakers in the survey?
- If the neighborhood is unsafe
- If a gun is kept on the premises
- If unvaccinated children are allowed to attend
The survey was conducted by the University of Michigan Mott Children's Hospital.