Still Time To See ‘A Christmas Carol’ at The Premiere Playhouse in Sioux Falls
A Christmas Carol is a beloved Holiday story about Ebenezer Scrooge, an old curmudgeon that is taught the true meaning of Christmas thanks to some paranormal visitors.
I had the pleasure of going to the performance last night (December 9) and I was shocked at how 'big' the production was.
Big is the best word I could think of for many reasons.
- The cast itself was huge. I was in Mary Poppins a few years back and I think the casts were comparable in size.
- The set was impressive. It was big in scale, but it also moved! I love a revolving stage! It just adds a little something.
- The hair! The makeup! The costumes! All of it was impeccable. The period clothing was spot on. The hoop skirts on the ladies! The tails on the gentleman! I loved all of it! Not to mention, all of the Ghost's costumes and makeup were elaborate and perfect for the characters.
- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come was literally big. Huge. Massive. You'll just have to see the show to know exactly what I mean.
- And lastly, it was big on heart! That Tim may be Tiny but he teaches us all a big lesson! 'God Bless Us, Every One.'
Tickets are going fast so don't hesitate! The remaining shows are tonight, Friday, December 10, and tomorrow, December 11 at 7 pm. There are also 2 pm matinees on Saturday, December 11, and Sunday, December 12. All shows are at the historic Orpheum Theatre in downtown Sioux Falls.
To purchase tickets, click here.