Sioux Falls Parade Of Lights, Everything You Need To Know
The 28th Annual Sioux Falls Parade of Lights is this Friday, November 29. This year's Grand Marshals are Sioux Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau Executive Director Teri Schmidt and Lincoln County Commissioner Jim Schmidt.
Here's What Else You Need To Know about the 28th Annual Sioux Falls Parade of Lights:
- The parade begins at 7:30 PM on Friday, but get there plenty early to get a good spot to watch the fun.
- The parade of floats will run down historic Phillips Avenue from 13th Street to 5th Street.
- This year's theme is “At the Movies” in honor of the Sioux Falls State Theatre opening in 2020.
- Parking is Free on the weekends beginning at 5:00 pm on Fridays. You can also park in the streets in the surrounding area but prepare to walk. Use the downtown parking ramps or parking lots with over 2,300 spaces and stay close to the parade.
- Bundle Up! Dress warmly! Break out the coats, hats, gloves, blankets, etc. and enjoy the crisp, South Dakota air!
- Bring Some Hot Chocolate Cash! Six local non-profits will sell hot chocolate for $2 on every block of the parade route, so bring cash and support the community!