Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer: Galactic Starfighter
The next expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be called Galactic Starfighter and will let you take your fight to space.
A press release, accompanied by a nifty new trailer, heralds the next digital expansion for the Star Wars-themed massively-multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will be able to customize their very own starship and take part in 12 vs. 12 dogfights in space. Exciting, no?
Galactic Starfighter promises “a variety of unique starships, a wide set of customization and upgrade options, multiple battle zones and gameplay modes” and a host of other content for players.
The expansion will roll out over the course two months, the date of availability depending on your player status. Subscribers get Early Access starting on Dec. 3, while Preferred Status Players will get their chance to head into space on Jan. 14. Free-to-Play players can enjoy the content when it goes public on Feb. 4.
There are different sets of bonuses for each group of paid players. As an added bonus, active subscribers as of Nov 1. will get an early Gunship unlock and access to custom Gunship paint jobs.
According to the release, the bonuses are as follows:
Subscriber Early Access Rewards (Subscriber Early Access opens December 3, 2013)
- Early Access to Galactic Starfighter on December 3
- Exclusive Paint Jobs***
- Two Pilot Suits
- Two Titles (“Test Pilot” and “First Galactic Starfighter”)
- Subscribers get the maximum leveling and progression benefit (a Starfighter Pass will also be available for purchase in the Cartel Market beginning January 14)
Preferred Status players will receive:
- Early Access to Galactic Starfighter on January 14
- Two Pilot Suits
- Exclusive Title (“Test Pilot”)