Things to Do in Sioux Falls: Terrace Park Centennial Celebration
Terrace Park in Sioux Falls is planning a days-long centennial celebration of the park from August 11-14. The celebration will include events held throughout the park, including the bandshell, the park, the Japanese Gardens and the aquatic center.
Events include sand volleyball tournament, a children's carnival and even a Storyland Children's Theater presentation. It will end with a band concert and fireworks.
Check out all the things you can take part in:
- Aug 11-13 @ 7:00 PM and 14 @ 1:00 PM: Pathways: A Celebration of Terrace Park - Take a stroll down memory lane with this love letter to the Terrace Park neighborhood at the Terrace Park Bandshell.
- Aug 13 @ 9:00 AM: Terrace Park Centennial Sand Volleyball Tournament at the Terrace Park Family Aquatic Center
- Aug 13 & 14 @ 1:00 - 4:00 PM: 30th Anniversary of the rebirth of Shoto Teien Japanese Gardens Inc., a historical photo display at the Japanese Gardens.
- Aug 13 @ 2:00 - 4:00 PM: Children’s Carnival featuring old time games, music and inflatables at Terrace Park upper playground area.
- Aug 13 @ 3:00 PM: Storyland Children’s Theatre Presentation at the Terrace Park Bandshell.
- Aug 14 @ 10:00 AM: Ecumenical Service at the Terrace Park Bandshell.
In addition, there will be celebration ceremonies throughout the day on August 14 which include guest speakers, a centennial tree planting, an ice cream social, a band concert, and weather permitting, a fireworks show.
For a complete schedule, visit the Terrace Park website.