Spellerberg Pool To Close This Friday
The end is nearing for the oldest outdoor public pool in Sioux Falls.
In a press release on siouxfalls.org, Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation announced that Spellerberg Park Pool will close for the season on Friday, August 8, 2014. Traditionally Park & Rec closes the least used pool in the city first and for many years that pool has been Spellerberg.
This year’s closing will be the last of it’s kind for Spellerberg. Demolition will commence with an indoor aquatic center to fill the spot. Do not despair if you have a desire to swim. The other facilities will remain open for a time with subsequent closure announcements to come. Read below from the Park and Rec Department for the list of pools to remain open.
The following public family aquatic centers and pools will remain open for open swim from 1 to 5 p.m. and 6:30 to 9 p.m. and for family swim from 5 to 6:30 p.m. daily:
• Drake Springs Family Aquatic Center—301 South Fairfax Avenue
• Frank Olson Pool—4101 East 16th Street
• Kuehn Park Pool—2309 Kuehn Park Road
• Laurel Oak Family Aquatic Center—3401 East 49th Street
• McKennan Park Wading Pool—1500 South Third Avenue
• Terrace Park Family Aquatic Center—1001 West Madison Street
Pioneer Spray Park located at Pine Street and Jessica Avenue will remain open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.