A Student At Whittier Middle School Tests Positive For COVID-19
A recent press release from the Sioux Falls School District confirms that a student has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to the press release, the Sioux Falls School District sent a letter to the staff and families of Whittier Middle School stating that they have been in close contact with the South Dakota Department of Health. The letter reads, "They have assured us that, due to the student’s last day of attendance at Whittier, there is no risk that the virus could have been transmitted at school."
The letter continues to encourage families to adhere to the following policies in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing.
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, face, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app