Are we alone? Do you want to believe? Is there a little Fox Mulder inside of you itching to investigate the unknown in South Dakota? If there is life on other planets (or in another dimension) and if that life is visiting us is an open question. One that can’t really be answered with the information we have. It’ll probably stay that way until we cross paths with a Surak-class Vulcan starship out near Neptune. Or a Independence Day type of arrival.
What we do have is many reports form people that see something in the sky that they can’t identify, A.K.A and unidentified flying object or UFO.
The National UFO Reporting Center, hardhearted in Washington state, has created a database of reported UFO sightings from all over the US. According to their data, there have so far been three sightings reported in South Dakota in 2016.
January 4, 2016 6:30 PM – Roberts County, SD
- Mystery orb which changed direction.
- “The light was not an illumination light either as in military craft have in landing strobes as it did not project. It was pretty like a falling star, but meteors do not change course or wink in and wink out.” (Full Report)
February 16, 2016 Near midnight – Rapid City, SD
- Sounds in the middle of the night.
- “Strange humming sounds during the night. It goes on and off like a car trying to start.” (Full Report)
February 26, 2016 Near midnight – Brookings, SD
- Moving star-like object with short red and blue beams coming out of it.
- “ The ‘star’ started slowly moving and then stopped. Short red and blue lights, ‘beams’ if you will, shot out of the bottom of the ‘star.'” (Full Report)
Subscribe to KYBB-FM / B102.7 on