Things Going Through My Mind Before My First Trip Out of the Country
I feel like I’ve been talking about this trip for forever. I first had the idea to do a big trip for my 30th birthday. Then I turned 31 and still hadn’t gone anywhere. So I finally put the money down on this 10 day European vacation and I leave Friday, October 6th!
I’ve traveled quite a bit in the continental US, but have never gone outside the country so I’m a little apprehensive about certain things. Or everything. I’m an over thinker, for sure.
So here are a few things that are running through my mind.
- I have to do laundry so I can pack clean underwear.
- What should I pack?
- My good bra and jeans are definitely going in my carry on.
- What is the weather like?
- How many pairs of shoes can fit in my suitcase?
- What if I get stir crazy on the flight and cause a scene and arrested?
- I’ve never been on a plane that long before.
- Yikes! My Passport picture is gross.
- I’m excited to get stamps in my Passport! I’m a grown up now.
- What if I get detained by customs?
- What if my debit and credit card doesn’t work even though I called ahead of time and I don’t have any money?
- What if my ears won’t pop?
- What if I get a blood clot?
- What if I get explosive diarrhea?
- What if I get ‘Taken’? My dad does not have a special set of skills.
- What if the people on our tour don’t like us?
- What if, when they find out we’re Americans, they are mean?
- Would it be bad to find a karaoke bar and sing “God Bless the U.S.A.”?
- What if all the food is weird and gross?
- What if I’m worrying a bunch over nothing and I’m gonna have an awesome time!
I feel better getting that all off my chest.