Ozzy Osbourne Injured in House Fire
A fire at Ozzy Osbourne‘s Beverly Hills house early this morning (Jan. 17) caused him to require medical treatment. His wife and manager Sharon told the story on her show, ‘The Talk,’ while also revealing that he had an undisclosed procedure performed on his hand on Wednesday. Neither Sharon, nor their dogs, who were also in the house at the time, were injured.
Apparently, Sharon left a candle burning overnight. At approximately 5:00AM Pacific time, the glass vase holding the candle burst, sending flames throughout the living room. Fortunately, the fire was quickly extinguished by the local fire department, but not before the couple had tried on their own.
“My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he’s in a complete cast,” she explained, as reported by ContactMusic. “He comes down and goes, ‘Oh, the fire, the fire!’ [and tries to put it out] with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted.”
The problem was that the candle’s flame was oil-based, and therefore Sharon’s action caused the blaze to spread, causing more damage than intended. As a result, her husband got the worst of it.
“Ozzy’s front of his hair from [his ear down is], gone! His eyebrows [are gone],” she continued. “He’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges…Everything you are not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on – we did it all.”
Sharon concluded the story by accepting full responsibility for the fire and by passing on a message of the importance of fire safety.
“I apologize to my husband because he put himself out,” she said. “He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I’m sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again. I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed.”
Listen to Ozzy Osbourne’s Cover of the Crazy World of Arthur Brown’s ‘Fire’
Subscribe to KYBB-FM / B102.7 on