Just How Many Gun Stores Does South Dakota Have?
Looking to buy a gun in South Dakota? Well you can definitely find one according to research done by InsideGov, which looked at data from the U.S. Department of Justice to to determine the number of licensed gun dealers per 100,000 residents in each state.
As for South Dakota, well we almost made the top of the list. Here are the 10 states with the most gun stores per 100,000 residents:
- Wyoming - 6.33 per 100,000
- South Dakota - 5.74 per 100,000
- Montana - 5.37 per 100,000
- Alaska -4.89 per 100,000
- Iowa - 4.47 per 100,000
- North Dakota - 3.38 per 100,000
- New Hampshire - 3.17 per 100,000
- West Virginia - 3.08 per 100,000
- Kansas - 2.79 per 100,000
- Oklahoma - 2.76 per 100,000
The state with the fewest number of gun dealers was surprisingly New York at 17 or 0.09 per 100,000 residents. To see the complete list, go to insidegov.com.