Fogerty Announces Details of Upcoming Album
John Fogerty invited stars from rock, pop and country to collaborate on his new ‘Wrote a Song for Everyone’ album, due in stores May 28.
The singer retooled a dozen of his songs from his past, including Creedence Clearwater Revival hits like ‘Fortunate Son’ and lesser-known songs like ‘Hot Rod Heart,’ and added two original cuts to round out the album.
Among the artists joining Fogerty on ‘Wrote a Song for Everyone’ are Bob Seger, Kid Rock and the Foo Fighters. He went country to ask Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, the Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert and Keith Urban to join him on separate tracks. New rock band Dawes met Fogerty in studio to record ‘Someday Never Comes’ and My Morning Jacket joins him on ‘Long As I Can See the Light.’
“I encouraged each of these artists to come up with their own vision of my song, rather than just redoing what I’d recorded in the past,” Fogerty told American Songwriter magazine (quote via a Vanguard Records press release). “I was hoping they’d have some different twist so it would be fresh, so I’d have to work, too. I wanted it to be something new.”
The new album — Fogerty’s ninth since disbanding CCR — will be available on May 28. Look for 2013 tour dates in the near future.
‘Wrote a Song for Everyone’ Tracklisting:
1. ‘Fortunate Son’ (Feat. the Foo Fighters)
2. ‘Almost Saturday Night’ (Feat. Keith Urban)
3. ‘Lodi’ (Feat. Shane and Tyler Fogerty)
4. ‘Mystic Highway’
5. ‘Wrote a Song for Everyone’ (Feat. Miranda Lambert and Tom Morello)
6. ‘Bad Moon Rising’ (Feat. the Zac Brown Band)
7. ‘Long As I Can See the Light’ (Feat. My Morning Jacket)
8. ‘Born on the Bayou’ (Feat. Kid Rock)
9. ‘Train of Fools’
10. ‘Someday Never Comes’ (Feat. Dawes)
11. ‘Who’ll Stop the Rain’ (Feat. Bob Seger)
12. ‘Hot Rod Heart’ (Feat. Brad Paisley)
13. ‘Have You Ever Seen the Rain’ (Feat. Alan Jackson)
14. ‘Proud Mary’ (Feat. Jennifer Hudson, Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)