How Can You Ruin a Job Interview? Ask These Bizarre Questions
When you’re on a job interview, don’t sabotage your chances of getting hired by saying something stupid.
That may sound obvious, but not everyone knows that.
OfficeTeam recently surveyed HR managers at companies throughout the US and Canada to get their takes on some of the more outrageous questions they’ve been asked by candidates during job interviews.
Make sure you’re not drinking when you look at some of these because it's bound to come out through your nose. Here’s just a small sample of the responses:
- "Do I have to be at work every day?"
- "Would you consider going on a date with me?"
- "Can my husband finish this test for me?"
- "Is the boss single?"
- "What are the women who work here like?"
- "Do you allow midday naps?"
- "Can I get every Tuesday off?"
- "How soon can I take my first vacation?"
- "Can I have three weeks off every three months to pursue my music career?"
- "Can I have my birthday off?"
- "Can I place my desk near the cafeteria?"
- "Could I get a pay advance?"
- "Is it OK to wear shorts to work?"