How to Connect More With Your Kids
- "When it comes to children, its not what you leave to them that makes them great, it's what you leave in them." -TD Jakes. We can spend so much time focued on what we can provide for our kids with material items, but forget those things will always need to be replaced. Things like listening to them, encouraging them, and teaching them what we have learned is priceless.
- Let your kids catch you giving back. I'll never forget the times as a kid when my dad stopped and picked up a hitchiker in the cold. I remember the old man my dad drove to a treatment center, and hearing my dad tell me the beneifit of earning money is helping others with it. Let your kids see you doing good deeds,and let them be a part of it. I can't think of many life lessons that will serve them better in life.
- Help your kids figure out what their about. School offer kids some great starters to experience things like sports, singing, and band. What are other undiscovered gifts, talents, and personal intrests inside our kids. Pay attention to what they talk about, seem curious about, encourage them to explore more, and give them opprutunitites to experience them.
Reading books, talking to other parents who have been there, and attending workshops are great ways to learn how to connect more with our kids.
There is a free seminar in Sioux Falls, SD featuring authors/speakers Tom Henderson, and Bernie Schock. A discussion based seminar on Raising Champions: Parenting Teens in a Sports/Activities focused World.
- Date: Wednesday, October 28th
- Time: 7:00 to 8:30pm
- Location: Central Baptist Church