Aerosmith: Why Isn’t Album Selling?
Aerosmith's new album, Music From Another Dimension, hasn't been breaking sales records in the three weeks since its release. So far, even with the band on tour, only 116,000 copies have been sold.
That's surprising, especially since the album sounds like vintage Aerosmith. Here are a couple of possible explanations:
1) Fans could have lost interest after all the starts and stops in the recording of the band's first album of original material in 11 years.
2) Fans could view Steven Tyler's role as a judge on American Idol as a sell-out.
3) The band streamed a song a day on the Rolling Stone website before the album's release. That could have been enough listening for less devoted fans.
4) The album was originally due out over the summer, and the band did a boatload of publicity without any product to back it up. This might have blunted interest in the album.
5) Aerosmith fans could be too old to buy a lot music anymore.
6) Is radio getting on board the way it always has for the band?
7) Or does the album suck?